Re: NR_TASKS Cost

Sam Roberts (sam@cogent.ca)
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 13:48:00 -0400

I'm no expert, but from my reading of sched.c, the memory cost is
4 * NR_TASKS, since NR_TASKS is used to make an array of *pointers*
to task structures.

In other words, hardly any at all, except that you may make more
tasks than you're memory and swap can handle efficiently...

However, other kernel code may use NR_TASKS to allocate other resources.

Sam