really no way to find a task? was Re: find_task_by_pid() in 2.2.3

Sam Roberts (sam@cogent.ca)
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:00:39 -0400

Actually, it appears there is no way to find any task structure
except for current! Is this some kind of lame security thing?

We can always use current->next_task to traverse the linked
list of all tasks, but this appears as a hack to me. The
problem with find_task_by_pid() is that it is inline, great
for efficiency, uncompileable in a module since htable isn't
exported.

Is this really the situation?

Sam