Re: sound and control-c

Navindra Umanee (navindra@cs.mcgill.ca)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:02:52 -0400

Augusto Cesar <bishop@sekure.org> wrote:
> Here in my 2.2.9 control-c works perfectly with wav and others files, I

I've done a little digging, and you're right, it doesn't happen with
*all* wav files. Here's a random example of a file with which it does
happen on my machine:

http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~navindra/misc/fireant.wav

> have checked the sound_release in file operations struct of the soundcard
> drivers and everything looks ok, maybe it's your shell doesn't send the
> signals correct to the kernel.

Well, I'm using tcsh and according to bindkey, Control-C is bound to
tty-sigintr. I get the exact same behavior if I send a "kill -INT
<pid>" remotely. I've noticed that the SIGINT actually does stop the
sound eventually, it's just not immediate.

Thanks,
Navin.

--
"These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format.  After unzipping,
these files can be viewed in any text editor, including all versions of