Re: stuck on TLB IPI wait - resolved??

Hirling Endre (endre@darmol.elte.hu)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 04:40:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, George wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Andrew Daviel wrote:
>
> >Based on what others said, I'm just now trying to use more memory to make
> >it hang ... 9 copies setiathome, 4 copies xanim, ssh ... load 11, 125M RAM
> >+ 70M swap .. getting a little sluggish but seems solid so far...
>
> For me it was multithreaded apps swapping and the amount of total memory
> influenced the death frequency. What does it for you?

For me it's a squid proxy (multithreaded app swapping :), lots of TCP
connections (squid running, or without squid, apache benchmark
accomplished the same run against threaded Roxen Challenger
webserver). Under normal circumstances it did not freeze but when I
forced it to swap a lot (allocated large amounts of memory quickly) it
reproducably froze.

endre

--
..all in all it's just another rule in the firewall.

/Ping Flood/