Re: 2.2.9 hangs in truncate_inode_pages

Thierry Danis (danis@sagem.fr)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:13:02 +0200

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 02:00:01PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I can reproduce it in a matter of a few seconds with 2.2.7-ac4 and
> > 2.2.9-ac1. It seems to loop in truncate_inode_pages() (near the
> > end of the function, according to the System.map file).
> >
> > Can you give us some sort of hint about how you reproduce it so
> > quickly? What kind of activity, and is this on SMP or not?
>
> Also can you reproduce it on 2.2.9 vanilla. Im now trying to work out if
> I had the wrong kernel on one of my test boxes and its 2.2.9-ac specific,
> in which case its probably (but not definitely) NFS related I guess

I am currently running stock 2.2.9 without other problems that
very bad behaviour during NFS reading (already posted) [compared
to <= 2.2.7 series].

2.2.7-ac1 works fine, but 2.2.7-ac4 exhibits the loop in
truncate_inode_pages().
2.2.9 works fine (see above), but 2.2.9-ac1 loops.

A+,

--
	Thierry Danis
	Poste : 53 53	danis@spmo.sagem.fr