Re: XG-DS on-board dual Adaptec

dledford@redhat.com
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 21:41:26 -0400

David Luyer wrote:

> I have an XG-DS Xeon-based system here which isn't behaving. The BIOS can
> see SCSI channels A and B and the disks on them (both U2W LVD channels).
>
> The /proc/pci identifies it as having bus 0, device 6, function 0 and 1 as
> both being Adaptec AIC-7896/7 but the bootup only notices a single SCSI
> controller with an A channel.
>
> This is 2.0.37 latest pre as well as 2.0.36 (ie, two different adaptec
> drivers).
>
> Any suggestions?

Fix pcibios_find_device(). This is already fixed in the 2.2 kernel series,
but in 2.0.x there is a bug where, depending on the order in which those
funtion 0 and 1 devices are ordered in the device list, a
pcibios_find_device() call with an index of 1 returns nothing even though the
call with in index of 0 returns the channel A device and 1 should return the
channel B device.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but