Re: 2.3: acl's?

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:38:40 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Matthias Riese wrote:

> Up to now we did not experienced any fs corruption with the current patch,
> but we are missing feedback from other users, especially with heavy load
> and many concurrent accesses.

Only one comment on the ACL page disturbed me: the one about lower
performance. It was a little ambiguous. Performance hit is only taken when
you deal with inodes with ACL's set, right? i.e. I could have ACL support
turned on for a given filesystem, but no inodes using ACLs, and
performance would be identical, right?

Chris