Re: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:45:48 -0400

David Luyer wrote:
> How about the people whose only boot option (other than internal HDD) is
> a PCMCIA floppy disk? Installing Linux on a Toshiba Libretto is usually
> a real pain. The floppy driver isn't in the standard PCMCIA package (I don't
> know, maybe because it's GPL and PCMCIA isn't? - or you just want us to
> have to download source from even more sites to build an updated kernel?)

So, complain to the distribution packagers, who make millions
off of this stuff. Surely they have the resources to enhance
their initrd images to include PCMCIA support.

--
mlord@pobox.com