Re: AIX fs for Linux

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 20:28:09 +0300

On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 12:39:03PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Looks like Linux may be getting another big fs to play with, AIX's fs:
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/1999/22/ns-8362.html
>
> Does anybody have more details?

Per that article, it tells just that the AFS (Andrew FS) is
officially being supported by IBM at Linux systems.

The way that thing is written does not tell any *new* feature for
AFS being introduced, e.g. no Linux based AFS storage *server*.
Already before, TransArc (now owned by IBM!) has provided certain
level of AFS filesystem *client* support for binary-only modules.

To my knowledge (including all gossip I heard at Linux Expo), they
are *not* doing same as SGI did with their XFS. No SOURCE release!