Re: 2.2.x instabilities

Hirling Endre (endre@darmol.elte.hu)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 21:44:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> > * SMP is still 'delicate'.
>
> Come on! Lets have some details, Please! I have three SMP boxes (dual
> PPRO, dual P5, and dual PII450) all under heavy load of all sorts and have
> NEVER had a panic on any Linux kernel version>2.0.33 (cept the p5 when I
> was playing with schedular code)

Details are for example in the 2-3 threads about 'stuck in TLB IPI
wait' crashes. There were no reaction to this apart from some people
confirming that they have this problem too. I personally gave some
details and suggestions too, and willing to say more, just waiting to
be asked because I'm not a kernel programmer to debug that without
help.

greetings
endre