Re: [patch] Riva framebuffer driver (non-working)

Robbert Muller (mjrider@Cam031312.student.utwente.nl)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 02:08:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> The nVidia 3D source release spurred me to hack together a kernel driver
> for Riva 128/TNT/TNT2 cards... but I won't actually have a Riva card
> until payday, in another few weeks. ;-)
hope it will come quickly

> Patch notes:
>
> * riva_decode_var needs to be implemented, smartly. This is the only
> missing piece for what is needed to actually have a working driver.
>
> * includes some patches to fbgen that I hope to eventually send to Geert
>
> * other than that, read the FIXMEs...
other notes :
patch does not work
it's creating file in /tmp ( /tmp/cvs..... ) but the files should be named
differently en placed in <linux-source-dir>/include/video or in
<linux-source-dir>/drivers/video

it gives me 3 pages of warnings about:
assingment makes integers from pointer without a cast
large integer impplicitly truncated to unsigned type
assingment discards const from pointer target type

many more

vga.h in include/video should have 2 extra lines:
#include <asm/io.h>
#include <asm/vga.h>
otherwise te kernel could not compile

the file include/video/Config.in has no config line for i386

i hope this helps in making this this working

i'm self still a student and have to litte programming experience to hack
the stuff to getter. but i'm trying

PS : if you need more info or have new patches to test mail me

grtz.

--

Robbert Muller

mjrider@writeme dot com | Never let a luser on your console. uin: 9659330 | Because that means they're in your room.