Re: [kernel] Re: [linux-usb] Re: [announce] Linux Input Driver suite version 0.1.0

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:14:06 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 12:17:55AM -0500, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:

> Following up on my earlier post, I find that this patch to the XFree86
> install get's me my Meta and Menu keys back:

Yes, this will work fine, but I think I should fix the drivers to
behave the same as the normal ones do for this case anyway.

> It is interesting to note that the values that X is looking for -- for
> *most* keys -- are the scan codes (as seen in evtest's output) +8. The
> Menu and Meta keys follow the rule in this case. The exceptions are:
>
> <RGHT> <END> <DOWN> <PGDN> <INS> <DELE>: -4
> <PAUS>: -9
> <HOME> <UP> <PGUP> <LEFT>: -5
> <RCTL>: +9
> <KPEN> <PRSC>: +12
> <RALT>: +13
> <KPDV>: +14

Yes, those are the keys that use the 0xE0 prefix. X does completely
different numbering for them than the kernel does.

> with a single ps2-port connected kbd and a single ps2 mouse I get
> occasional stuck keys. It is always a key I wasn't using, and it
> autorepeats until I hit another key, which clears the event. I've not
> been running evtest when it has happened. Note that although I have
> the USB stuff compiled in, I do not currently have any HID USB
> devices. The MB is an Intel TX chipset w/ an Award BIOS (probably a
> Gigabyte MB) if that is at all relevant.

Yes, I know about this, but wasn't able to spot where the problem is
yet - it happens quite seldomly. Probably some race condition. Will
be fixed.

Vojtech