Re: Filesystem corruptions with 2.3.4

Studierende der Universitaet des Saarlandes (masp0008@stud.uni-sb.de)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 10:55:09 +0000

Andi wrote:
> For example my kernel patch directory (a few hundred files)
> disappeared after I copied it around with cp -a from another fs;
> now I have an empty directory that I cannot delete with rmdir
> because it has a link count of 17.

How many directories were in your patch directory?

I've made a long mkdir/rmdir/mv test (only directories)
(ca 70.000 operations), mostly in RAM (140 MB disk, 192 MB RAM)
with 2.3.5, egcs 1.1.2, IDE: no corruptions.

I'll try to repeat the test today with reduced memory.
Should I switch back to 2.3.4?

> Again the high link count. Something is fishy
Have you saved the complete directory sectors?
Perhaps a manual inspection could explain what happened.

--
	Manfred