Re: [announce] Linux Input Driver suite version 0.1.0

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:02:13 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 12:39:30AM -0400, Bradley M Keryan wrote:

> Wheel does not currently work with Logitech M-C48 mouse on serial port
> using inputattach. It works fine otherwise.

Change the constant 0x03 to 0x13 on line 136 in inputattach.c, and it
will work with --mmwheel.

> The keyboard focus stays on vt 1 when X switches to vt 7, unless I
> press ctrl-alt-F7. I think you mentioned this one a while ago though.

Yes, this is a known fact and still has to be fixed.

> AT keyboard still isn't working here without PS/2 mouse. I haven't tried
> it with the M-C48 plugged into the PS/2 port yet.

I'll try to play more with this - right now you should be able to use the
'i8042_noaux=1' parameter of the kernel/module to disable the AUX port
probing in case of problems with it.

This is a problem of specific i8042's that trash their register contents
after writing to a port nothing is connected to.

> USB keyboard and mouse are working fine except the mouse wheel is
> backwards. Not surprising since that's not a part of boot protocol, and we
> don't have an HID parser.

Okay, changed the direction. And I hope to have a HID parser in a reasonable
time ... Andreas Gal <gal@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> already has some code, which
looks fairly good, so lets hope this works out.

> Also, I use matroxfb with a Matrox Millenium I, and the screen area to the
> right of the penguin boot logo shows a corrupted segment of vt 1 from the
> previous boot (a bunch of X stuff). It doesn't do that with plain 2.3.5.

Umm, this is odd. I really have no idea about how this could happen. I'll
think about it, though.

Vojtech