Re: ide-cd as a module in RH6.0 (kernel 2.2.9)

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:53:28 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07 1999, Kastus Shchuka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded my home box to Red Hat 6.0 and noticed a strange thing.
> Earlier I was running RH 5.2 with 2.2.9 kernel, ide-cd was compiled as a
> module and worked fine. RH 6.0 comes with 2.2.5 kernel with ide-cd
> compiled into the kernel. I recompiled 2.2.9 kernel under RH6.0 and ide-cd
> module seized loading. When compiled into the kernel, ide-cd works. I
> wonder what might be perculiar with RH6.0? Other modules (sound, scsi)
> don't show any problems.
>
> Is it a known issue or have I tackled with something new?

I gather that it works when inserted manually and that it is the
autoloading that is causing you problems? Check that ide-cd shows
up in a modprobe -l.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer