Re: Evil things ( native software DSP loaders for MWAVE )

R. Kelley Cook (KCook@IBM.net)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:12:31 -0400 (EDT)

On 3 Jun 1999 04:25:16 +0200, mongoose@ms241739.users.mindspring.com wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone has direct contact to an *active developer for the
>MWAVE DSP loader for linux. I unfortunately have an IBM thinkpad 755ce
>and I want to be able to free up all this space win95/dos is wasting. I
>would like to test any such driver, or do documentation or some coding. I
>can't find specs anywhere for the vile little thing, and for some reason
>the MWAVE hack doesn't work with the standard 8MB of ram. I want to help
>get MWAVE working natively, since I have no free pcmcia slots for a new
>soundcard. FYI, I've been to http://www.flexion.org/mwave and posted a
>message. I've had no replies as yet. =(

Well you have the right WebSite. There is also a mailing list devoted to
Linux on Thinkpads.

email to majordomo@www.bm-soft.com with a body of "subscribe linux-thinkpad"

As you probably know from the Web site Keith Frechette <kfrechet@hotmail.com>
is probably the best bet for getting native linux MWAVE loaders. I would
directly email him with your offer for help.

-- Kelley Cook