Re: [announce] Linux Input Driver suite version 0.1.0

Bradley M Keryan (keryan@andrew.cmu.edu)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 01:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 12:39:30AM -0400, Bradley M Keryan wrote:
>
> > Wheel does not currently work with Logitech M-C48 mouse on serial port
> > using inputattach. It works fine otherwise.
>
> Fixed in 0.1.1

Yes, it works now.

> > The keyboard focus stays on vt 1 when X switches to vt 7, unless I
> > press ctrl-alt-F7. I think you mentioned this one a while ago though.
>
> Checked this - and can't reproduce it with one keyboard. With two
> keyboards the focus is changing for each keyboard separately - this
> is intentional, and is a beginning of multihead support.

Okay. This was with the USB keyboard, while the AT one wasn't working, so
it was the second.

> > AT keyboard still isn't working here without PS/2 mouse. I haven't tried
> > it with the M-C48 plugged into the PS/2 port yet.
>
> Should be fixed in 0.1.1 The problem was that when the mouse wasn't
> plugged in during the BIOS POST, the BIOS removed IRQ 12 from the
> i8042, and then though the AUX port was still there, it was nonworking.
>
> The 0.1.1 code works this situation around by creating a synthetised
> interrupt to flush the buffers if the true one doesn't come.

It works here. Excellent.

> > USB keyboard and mouse are working fine except the mouse wheel is
> > backwards. Not surprising since that's not a part of boot protocol, and we
> > don't have an HID parser.
>
> Fixed the mouse wheel in 0.1.1. HID parser is still far in the future.

Okay.

> > Also, I use matroxfb with a Matrox Millenium I, and the screen area to the
> > right of the penguin boot logo shows a corrupted segment of vt 1 from the
> > previous boot (a bunch of X stuff). It doesn't do that with plain 2.3.5.
>
> Nothing new here yet.

I check vesafb--it doesn't trash the area to the right of the penguin. I
didn't have time to look at it any closer.

Thanks, 0.1.1 resolves all but one (extremely weird) problem...

Brad