Re: nfsv3 & 2.2.9 breaks smbfs (was: Re: smbfs broken in 2.2.9)

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:41:50 +0200 (CEST)

> <groan> Sorry, I should know better than to test anything
> following a beer at the end of a long, hot day.. The problem
> persists in spades! Now, instead of merely locking the process
> in a D state, it hangs the entire machine when attempting to
> delete a file from the mounted samba share :-(.

> Naturally, I didn't have my other box setup for logging the
> serial console at the time. I'll try to capture an oops this
> evening if no one has figured it out before then!

> So, to reiterate, 2.2.9-ac3 with the above-mentioned patch is
> still broken with regard to smbfs. 2.2.9 works fine.

Try removing the 'page_cache_release' statement from the
'smb_unlock_page' function in fs/smbfs/file.c (same type of patch as
for the NFS client).

Cheers,
Trond