Re: Byte blasts Linux?

Raymond A. Ingles (inglesra@frc.com)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:38:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Jorge Gonzalez Villalonga wrote:

> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> >
> > http://www.byte.com/columns/servinglinux/1999/06/0607servinglinux4.html
> >
> > In this article they say that Linux has 10% less performance when
> > operating without swap even if it's not in use.
[...]
> Seems that the guy who wrote the article is a bit misinformed...
>
> (I'm really sick with all this FUD nowadays... ;-PPPPPPPPP)

Actually, he's written at least one informed and overall fair article on
Linux for Byte:
http://www.byte.com/columns/servinglinux/1999/05/0503servinglinux.html

He may be mistaken (I don't know enough to comment) bu he doesn't seem to
be deliberately spreading FUD.

Sincerely,

Ray Ingles (248) 377-7735 ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

"Rearranging his entire personal universe in the light of
startling new data is what he does for fun."
Spider Robinson, on the Science Fiction reader