Re: Devfs, was Re: Migrating to larger numbers

Wed, 9 Jun 1999 06:31:04 +0200

Richard Gooch wrote:
> The concept is still valid. Just extend my example code. It wasn't
> meant to be complete, just enough to convey the idea. Did I really
> have to spell that out?

You presented it as "this is a neat way to find all the CD-ROMs".
But it doesn't unless you can change the code to handle new
interfaces as they come along.

So any app you're not going to recompile regularly needs a configuration
file. In which case, why not just list all the standard CD-ROM
locations there?

-- Jamie