R: is it Really Profane ? if the end user never C's it ?

Marco Ermini (mail@markoer.org)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:53:01 +0100

The 1st Amendament is *US* only... WOO HOO...

I don't want to say that anyone must be censored.
I think that we should encourage users to read
Linux kernel sources and I don't think it's a good
thing to have such "profanity" in it, because if
there's something that could offend someone and
this can be avoided, I think is a good thing to do
it (and I'm a total ateist, I'm not speaking from a
"religious" point of view, it's just a matter of
respect).

I think Linus, choosing not to censor by himself
the Linux sources, made the good decision.
The *only* things to do is to ask to every
person who legally have the copyright of
every piece of the kernel code to cut
this "profanity" by himself. I think it's the
time for Linux to turn from just a community
enjoyment to a *professional* community
enjoyment.

Sorry for the bad english, but apart from
technical notes I'm not so good in this
language...