Re: ext2 filesystem corruption on linux 2.2.9 with a Big-Endian proce ssor [PPC]

Jakub Jelinek (jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:11:37 +0200

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 02:56:12PM +0200, Patrick Lerda wrote:
> I still have my ext2 linux partition quickly corrupted on my
> PowerPC box. I try to make an ext2 partition on my hard drive, and on a
> ramdisk ... These disks are quickly corrupted.
> Otherwise the NFS filesystem works well on this box!
>
> Is there someone working on a big endian processor (PowerPC,680x0, ...)
> and having
> (or not having at all) problems with ext2 on recent linux kernel ?
>
> I need a confirmation to track this problem this problem on this
> platform.

Ext2 works like a charm on big endian SPARC and UltraSPARC machines and it
have been working for ages already, so I guess it will be something else.

Cheers,
Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University