Re: Kernel Hang ( linux 2.2.x x<=10 )

Charles-Edouard Ruault (ce@ezlogin.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:09:28 +0000

--------------7EFB12EBC75A9F51AE3866D9

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I have seen this behaviour with stock 2.2.7, 2.2.9 and 2.2.10. I have tried
> > reproducing it with 2.2.5-22 (the latest RedHat 6.0 kernel update), but could
> > NOT. That kernel seems to behave properly.
>
> The Red Hat 5.2 shipped kernel does indeed contain a newer AHA2940 driver
> than the default. However as of 2.2.10 the kernel also contains the updated
> aic7xxx driver, so if it was that then 2.2.10 should have suddenely worked
> relibly.
>
> > Hope this helps - if you need more info please let me know.
>
> When it hangs does it a) still respond to pings b) does right-alt scrolllock
> a few times show anything (you will want to be outside of X11). If so then
> the data from b) wil help find any hang. If not then you probably want
> to run the kernel debug patch and see what it reports

In my case it does not respond to ping ...
i'll try the right-alt scrolllock stuff on the next ( if any ;-) ) hang ...

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault

--------------7EFB12EBC75A9F51AE3866D9 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

  --------------7EFB12EBC75A9F51AE3866D9-- - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/