Re: 2.2.10 PATCH so that tunelp can compile again

Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:08:16 -0700

>>From: "Adam J. Richter" <adam@yggdrasil.com>

>>2.2.10 and 2.3.6 have a change to include/linux/lp.h that was apparently
>>intended to fix a problem where some kernel routines were being
>>exported even when __KERNEL__ was not defined. However, it also
>>accidentally disabled about half of the hardware related declarations,
>>causing tunelp to fail to compile. Here is the patch.

>Hmm. I think andrea's tunelp source has a private lp.h.
>I think recent util-linux tunelp source has a private lp.h.
>So, if you need kernel patches to get tunelp to compile
>then probably you have an outdated tunelp source.

>Andries

Oops! You're right. Thanks for the correction.

Linus: please ignore my previous patches to linux/lp.h. Sorry
causing any confusion.

Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034
fax +1 408 261-6631 "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."