Re: [patch] 2.2.10_andrea-VM6.gz

Rik van Riel (riel@mirkwood.nl.linux.org)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:57:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Gabor Lenart wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 03:36:50AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> > I also changed how I choose the task to kill: when 2.2.10_andrea-VM6
> > reaches OOM, it sends a SIGKILL to all tasks that belongs to the bigger MM
> > in the system. I perfectly know it's far from being a perfect solution
>
> And what about X server or something like this ? Killing it has
> one disadvantage : the console stuck in undefined state.

I'm currently extremely busy (moving house and all), but several
months ago I wrote a patch that deals with OOM situations rather
nicely. Could somebody please pick up the patch and implement it
in the newer kernels?

http://www.nl.linux.org/~riel/patches/

cheers,

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.