Re: bug in filesystem busy detection in 2.2.x?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:03:28 +0100

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 12:37:24PM -0400, Arvind Sankar wrote:

> I have noticed several times with the 2.2.x series that filesystems are
> reported busy even when no process has files open on that filesystem. Mostly
> I notice this when shutting down the system, when the final umount fails
> saying device is busy. This hasn't yet resulted in filesystem corruption.

You've not got loop devices setup using files on the said filesystem?
If you're having problems it's probably worth compiling in magic SysRq support
so you can at least sync + mount r/o the relevant filesystems.

--
The URL nobody must see: http://<CENSORED BY DEMON INTERNET's LEGAL DROIDS>