Re: More general resource allocation scheme: a patch to look at

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 10:04:43 +1000

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:55:59 +0200,
Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz> wrote:
> This way we could gather information about all cards during bootup
> (partly by scanning the bus as in PCI case, partly maybe by asking
> the PNP BIOS -- Keith Owens was already experimenting with this),

Not sure that what I did is useful, it was a nasty hack for one
specific card just to get it working. It relied on magic numbers in
the CIS dataspace and hard coded scan addresses. We really need kernel
support for proper CIS parsing.