Re: 2.2.10 - OOPS during a fsck

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 13:14:31 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Hmm.. subject is oops during an fsck, and you had find running.. you
> > didn't run fsck on a mounted filesystem, did you? It can - and usually
> > it does - result in filesystem corruption.
>
> It still shouldn't oops. He certainly does appear to be fscking a live
> system or partly live as there was a find running. Thats no reason for
> a crash though

Actually, I put fsck instead of find on the subject line. Stupid me.
The fsck was ran on a reboot & found minor filesystem corruption.

Cheers,
Alex
--

"And I think you should have a sharpened, splintery telegraph pole
fired up your arse at transonic velocity." - Huge, 18 June 1999.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk