Re: Microsoft IP-stack ?!

Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 22:22:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> >Please remember what UC Berkely were trying to achieve.
>
> Ok. My statement still stands though. Current day open-source
> development that is BSD licensed or similarly can go directly to
> Microsoft.

There's still no problem with that. The only big problem
with the BSD license is that Microsoft isn't required to
give back their changes to the BSD community.

I don't see anything wrong with commercial companies using
Open Source stuff in their products -- as long as they give
something back to the community...

I propose we move the discussion to another forum and
continue there to talk about a new kind of license
incorporating the best of GPL and BSD :)

<plug>
linux-legal@nl.linux.org
</plug>

cheers,

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.