Re: Same HD, same settings, different geometry

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:22:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Guest section DW wrote:

> What do you think about proposed "nocmosgeom" ?
>
> In your case it solves a nonproblem, but I know of cases where
> it would be useful. I have no objections against such a boot parameter.
> On the other hand, I think our aim must be to remove all this geometry
> stuff from the kernel and leave it to LILO and fdisk.
> So, although somewhat useful in the very short run, it would be a step
> in the wrong direction.

Andries,

Your call if we add it..........GEO issues are all yours.
I have been waiting and watching for your opinion.
I have no opinion, so if it will help we can do it on a whim.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy