Re: Parport zipdrive support broken in 2.2.9 ?

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:57:34 +0100 (GMT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Gabriel wrote:

> I recently purchased a parallel port Zipdrive (one of the older 100Meg
> jobbies) and reconfigured my kernel. I switched on SCSI support, SCSI
> drive support and parport Zip support. When I tried to compile the
> kernel (2.2.9) I got the attached errors.

How did you configure the kernel -- config, xconfig, menuconfig or
oldconfig? This basically looks like parport support isn't enabled at
all (CONFIG_PARPORT). Check in .config for the parport-related options.
When you're linking everything into the kernel you'll want a low-level
port driver such as CONFIG_PARPORT_PC too, of course.

Tim.
*/