Re: Speech output for Linux: speakup-0.07 released

Stephen C. Tweedie (androsyn@i95.com)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:17:02 -0400 (EDT)

I got a quick question for you, would it be easier to do this in userspace
as opposed to kernel space?? /dev/vcs?? Is your friend in these
situations. Perhaps have a daemon watching on /dev/vcsa0 or /dev/vcs0?. It
just seems to make more sense to have something like this in userspace.

Aaron