Re: Weird data corruption?

Haruhiko Okumura (okumura@matsusaka-u.ac.jp)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:10:24 +0900

Alex Butche (linkern@cocoa.demon.co.uk) wrote:

> I had similar problems until I switched a Creative Labs 24x drive for a
> Tae-Il (who?!) 32x drive. You might get away with tweaking the IDE cables
> and checking they're seated properly.

I'm having a similar problem (data mutations while disk read/write).
Thanks, Alex. I'll try that.

Also, Pablo Bianucci, who originally wrote about the weird data
corruption, kindly wrote to me that he might have been accessing the
memory at a too fast speed, and slowing down things a bit in the BIOS
setup had seemingly fixed the problem.

But I'm still somewhat uneasy about possible data mutations. Is there
any way to have Linux report checksum error for disk read/write?

--
Haruhiko Okumura, Ph.D. <okumura@matsusaka-u.ac.jp>
Matsusaka University, 1846 Kubo-cho, Matsusaka, 515-8511 Japan