=?Big5?Q?=A6=5E=C2=D0=3A_=5B=3F=5Dfailed_at_mount=5Froot=3A=28?=

jmt (kevin@idns.gv.com.tw)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:16:31 +0800

Yes, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
Filesystemcodes(extfs)
Ramdiskcodes
All compiled with kernel
So I can't find the problem:p

----------
寄件者: Janos Farkas
傳送日期: 1999年6月24日 PM 07:16
收件者 jmt
主旨: Re: [?]failed at mount_root:(initial file system,linux-kernel-mips-r3k,no extra boot loader)

On 1999-06-24 at 18:46:55, jmt wrote:
> Thx,I have followed the instructions to make a ramdisk image & linked
> it with linux-kernel Now the problem is it failed at "mount_root"
> Msg: VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00
> Where the possible problem is? & how to fix it?

Have you enabled the rest of the initrd with CONFIG_INITRD (or something
like that?); is the filesystem code compiled into the kernel? Is the
ramdisk code compiled into the kernel?

(I write this privately because these are too "trivial" problems for
linux-kernel, IMHO; but it would be nice if you wrote something about
how you did it in the end, what caused the errors..)

Janos