Re: Why Linux is doomed (was: Re: FENRIS (nwfs) 1.4.2 Source Code Available)

Florian Weimer (fw@s.netic.de)
24 Jun 1999 18:45:55 +0200

R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl (Rogier Wolff) writes:

> > Sorry, but if the second most frequently used file system does not
> > compile, then don't release it. I am not counting the pseudo file
> > systems proc and pts here, obviously.
>
> Felix,
>
> For you (*) and many other people, x.y.z kernels with y an odd number
> are NOT RELEASED. You can access them in much the same way as you can
> access "released" (y is even) kernels, but don't be fooled. They are
> not released!

Oh, I think Felix should be able to cope with development kernels, too,
judging from that what he usually writes on Usenet. I don't know why
he's pretending to be a newbie who got bitten by a development kernel.
Maybe he feels the urgent need to troll a bit. ;)