Re: A few questions.....

Jan-Simon Pendry (jsp@ms.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:02:42 +0100

jerome@psti.com wrote:

> you are the author of the portal fs, and you said that <(GET http:file.html)
> cover most of the cases... so my question is my do you wrote the
> portal fs so ?

portal fs was an experiment. i'm not saying that there should
not be a filesystem interface: what i've been pointing out is that
there are other, existing, methods that appear to work well.
so, before writing lots more code, i think it would be a good
idea to have requirements and justification that takes into
consideration the existing methods.

could someone summarise the high-level requirements please?

jan-simon.