Re: 2.3.9-pre2 a Success!?!?

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 01:49:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> (I've been dropping patches so far, I expect to drop patches for another
> week or so - I want this thing _stable_).

Will you accept the patches for the following:
1) races in select(), poll() and do_load_aout_binary() - with dangling
pointers to files. (2 lines for the first and second, 4 lines for the
third)
2) sys_mmap() on sparc, sparc64, yodda, yodda forgetting to grab
mmap semaphore (2-4 lines).

Those are obvious bugs and fixes are obvious too. I can send the patch
right now.