Re: [patch] fix for the `access beyond end of device' bug of 2.3.[789]

Ingo Molnar (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:10:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Mike Thomi wrote:

> But tell me, why it hasn't crashed my SMP box in conjunction with that
> bug? I played around with tons of gigas without any probs on the
> SMP-Kernel but with a uniprocessor box (same .config) doing some single
> tarballs "beyond device..." infos filled up the logs.

are you using 4k block filesystems? On 4k block filesystems you need lots
of diskspace (bigger files) before we reach triple-indirection blocks ....

-- mingo