Re: iToaster in violation of GPL?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 02:59:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Randolph Bentson wrote:

>Tonight's Seattle paper reports the iToaster (from a local
>company, so perhaps they have real news) is BeOS only and
>that the rumors that there is Linux inside are false.

I'd be inclined to run their code through a disasm...
Perhaps they "let the cat out of the bag" and are trying to cover
themselves now. Didn't the BEOS people steal device driver code
from Linux in the past? And afterwards drop the drivers when
threatened with possible legal action?

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...