Re: knfsd and submounts

Stefan Monnier (monnier+lists/linux/kernel/news/@tequila.cs.yale.edu)
28 Jun 1999 10:01:12 -0400

> Would someone care to knock up a better description for this config
> option and submit it as a patch to Linus? The current text is evidently
> confusing.

How about a tiny cosmetic change:

> CONFIG_NFSD_SUN
> If you would like for the server to allow clients to access
> directories that are mount points on the local filesystem (this is
^
hidden below

> how nfsd behaves on Sun systems), say yes here. If unsure, say N.

Doesn't sound perfect but the `hidden below mount points' should sound
strange enough to most people. After all, we only need to make sure that
only the very few people who care about such minor semantic details will
bother with it while the majority will happily skip it.

Stefan