Re: strange problem in X

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
28 Jun 1999 20:34:22 +0200

In article <cistron.19990628181931.8426.rocketmail@web503.yahoomail.com>,
Joe <joeja@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Having multiple compilers can be a hastle during upgrades if
>they are both rpms (or deb's?), one that you may not want to get
>replaced may, unless they are specially designed to coinside
>with each other which means building a special rpm package.

Well no. Debian has a gcc package which is `the' compiler (gcc 2.7.2
in slink, egcs 2.95 in potato) and _also_ a gcc272 package which is
a seperate compiler (use gcc272 instead of gcc to call it). I compile
kernels with gcc 2.7.2 since I don't quite trust egcs and the kernel
together, I have this nagging feeling that it might be the cause of
all these `2.2.9/10 FS corruption' reports.

Mike.

--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.