Re: strange problem in X...commonalities

Gerold Jury (gjury@grips.com)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:58:59 +0200

George wrote:

> My video card is a generic S3 ViRGE using the S3V X server, you?
>
> 00:11.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. ViRGE/DX or /GX (rev 01)
>
> -George Greer

The problems started when i inserted the hdparm statement into my initscripts,
but at the same time i added a second network card
00:09.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c900 Combo [Boomerang]
and switched from S3 to ATI.
00:08.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 215GTB [Mach64 GTB] (rev 9a)
so i did not know where the problems came from.

I will switch -u1 -c1 back on in a few day's just to verify.
At the moment i am busy enjoying that it's running stable again.

Gerold

:.˛mkabzwmb˛mbz_^nrzh&zvy杶ii