[OFFTOPIC] Re: LINUX

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 01:17:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Kandhala Ramachandrudu wrote:

>Yeah, you are absolutely right.No doubt on what you have said. But, sorry,
>either you didn't understand the idea or I couldn't make the proper statement
>so that you can understand. Anyway what I was saying one way to use message
>filter. Because if you look at any other mailing lists such as CAN, USB,
>pSOS, NTDEV etc etc. they uses above mentioned words in their subject.
>That's it.

No problem. Some lists do use the subject line. I find it
rather annoying, as do many people, but they are the minority of
mailing lists, at least the ones I subscribe to anyway. I've
found that if the mailing list maintainer is contacted, and
discussed with nicely, they often add the "X-mailing-list"
header, and remove the "[whatever]" from the subject line. The
odd person complains about it, but once everyone is made aware of
the new header, and how to use it, and the reasoning, very few
people complain or are bothered.

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...