Re: Norton Utilities for Linux ?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:21:12 -0400 (EDT)

On 29 Jun 1999, Russell Senior wrote:

>Mike> I haven't ran "defrag" for Linux yet, and defragging is
>Mike> practically unneeded in Linux anyways, but a nortonish defrag [...]
>
>Maybe it's just me, but my observation is that `defrag' is what
>support people do to buy time when they don't actually know what the
>problem is and want to seem busy.

Heheheh. I certainly agree with that one. ;o) I've seen other
nice "I can't do anything until that program finishes." extended
paid breaks before too. ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...