Re: Sound error: Couldn't allocate DMA buffer

Rob (rob.naccarato@sheridanc.on.ca)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:46:56 -0400

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 01:56:08PM +0200, Brian Schau wrote:
> Daniele Bernardini wrote:
> >=20
> > Hi folks,
> >=20
> > I keep on getting this error.
> > Dunno what it means, but my sound system works fine, apart from
> > some rare case when I get no sound at all from KDE. Restarting KDE
> > everything works fine again. Probably this is not even related.
> >=20
> > I have an AWE64 isa pnp.
> >=20
> > Regards,
> >=20
> > Daniele
>=20
>=20
> I get these errors too, from time to time. Re-inserting the sound
> modules usually cures the problem ...
>=20

I had this problem too, but the solution seems to be to edit
your /etc/modules file (Debian) and load the sound module like this:

sound dmabuf=3D1
<insert your other sound stuff later>

Read linux/Documentation/sound/README.modules.

--=20
Rob Naccarato "Civilized men are more discourteous than
Senior Network Systems Analyst savages because they know they can be
Sheridan College impolite without having their skulls split,
Oakville, Ont. Canada as a general thing." - Robert E. Howard

Public PGP key: http://www.sheridanc.on.ca/~rob/pgpkey.txt

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB--