Re: NFS strangeness, workarounds ?

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:33:05 +0400 (MSD)

In <37796167.2CF6B02C@feist.com> ron flory (rjflory@feist.com) wrote:
> Hi-

> We're running several 2.2.x systems based on RH 6.0 and have seen some
> strangeness in the kernel-space NFS server.

> For example, If I update a file on the NFS server (from a VCON on the
> server machine), clients don't see the changes until they reboot and/or
> re-attach. I've seen this from 2.2.5 through 2.2.9 on at least 5
> machines. The clients are a mixed bunch of Linux, Solaris, and VxWorks
> systems, and all see basically the same problems with 2.2.x Linux NFS
> servers.

> Am I missing some updated support libs or programs that address this.

-- cut --
WARNING: The NFS servers in Linux 2.2 to 2.2.8 are not compatible with
other NFS client implemenations. If you plan to use Linux 2.2.x as an
NFS server for non-Linux NFS clients, you should apply the patches
enlosed here.
-- cut --

Are you seen this big fat warning in knfsd by H.J. Lu ?
It is available at ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/support/hjl/knfsd/