Re: glibc developers refuse to support user land fake FS syscalls

Hans Reiser (reiser@ceic.com)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:56:51 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

Is glibc different from the kernel in this? Is it harder to modify the
glibc internals than kernel internals. Miklos, could you tell us how
you go about doing this technically, assuming I am a common C coder not
knowing much about glibc and libraries and other user space things? I
gather you don't just put a wrapper around write() that checks to see if
the pathname has your special syntax, and then call the real write()..?

Ulrich, this may be a problem for us, because there are some aspects of
FS functionality that are easier/better implemented in user space.

Hans