Re: LINUX

Nimrod Zimerman (zimerman@deskmail.com)
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 09:35:22 +0300

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 12:11:40AM +0100, Riley Williams wrote:

> > So you can see, it covers all the cases that you mention, and
> > many more. It is fantastic for nailing a list down easily.
>
> I have to admit that I wasnae aware of that macro, but in my case, I
> now use the '^Sender:' line to detect what should go where, as I'm on
> several mailing lists that regularly get cross-postings and prefer to
> separate them and have a copy in each relevant folder - I keep several
> archives of the various folders for perusal when I'm less rushed...

At risk of adding further off-topicness to this thread, but for sake of
completeness - I've been using:

:0:
* ^From owner-linux-kernel-outgoing@vger.rutgers.edu
linux-kernel

for ages, with not even a single message missed. Note that this is 'From'
and not 'From:'. It does a perfect job discriminating between stuff that
goes to me directly and stuff that goes to the list, because only things
sent by the list are caught.

The only problem I can see with that is that if owner-linux-kernel-outgoing
is used for any other purpose - things would break. Is there such a problem
out there?

Nimrod