Re: [RFC] File flags handling - proposal for API.

Stefan Monnier (monnier+lists/linux/kernel/news/@tequila.cs.yale.edu)
06 Jul 1999 09:10:54 -0400

> I'm the author of a small C-library (libefs) which implement a
> file-system-inside-a-file. The library is in the GNOME CVS tree and is
> intended to be used for Bonobo (Gnome compound documents). Since there

I'm not going to help development, but it would be cool if the
API was such that it could support 2 different representation:

1 - EFS-in-a-file
2 - EFS-in-a-directory

If the API matches the unix filesystem hierarchy well enough, the second
representation should be very easy to code up.

Stefan