Re: linux headers and C++

Nat Lanza (magus@cs.cmu.edu)
06 Jul 1999 14:05:37 -0400

"Marco Ermini" <mail@markoer.org> writes:

> In these days, a good C++
> compiler is much more than preprocessor
> + C (I am not speaking of gcc; of course,
> I appreciate the very good work on
> the C compiler, but I really can't include
> its C++ on the "good" side of compilers.
> For commercial things I had to buy
> Metrowerks C++ compiler for Linux.
> Maybe egcs is more good, I don't
> know).

Intriguing. I was under the impression that what Metrowerks is
currently shipping for Linux consists of their IDE driving egcs and
gdb. Their web pages seem to concur; have they released their full
compiler and simply not updated their pages? That'd be somewhat
surprising.

Are you _sure_ you're using the Metrowerks compiler and not their IDE
calling egcs?

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs